Distance Education Environment
The Distance Education Environment is composed of the Learning Educational Module, the Leaning Management System (Synchronous and Asynchronous Platforms) and the Administrative System. Students have access to the systems 365 days a year, 24 hours per day. To access the distance learning campus students and instructors require computers with internet access. Students will each get their own username and password to access the platform. The distance education environment is set up for maximum interaction between the students and their instructors.
Minimum Requirements to Access the Online Courses
- Computer with any kind of operative system such as Mac OSx, Windows Xp or later, linux or Android
- Internet browser: Safari, Internet Explorer 8x or later, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome (any other browser may work but some resources can not work properly)
- Internet access, high speed connection is strongly recommended
- A word processing software program, such as Microsoft Word or Write from Apache OpenOffice
- Adobe Acrobat Reader to open and save PDF files or any other similar PDF viewer
- Virus detection software that must be installed and kept up to date
- PC desktop, Tablet or Laptop
- CPU Processor Dual Core or faster
- Memory (RAM) 4 GB or more
- Internet connection Wifi or Wired (Internet access)
- Web Camera (1.3 megapixel or more)
- Printer (Optional)
Procedures for Distribution of Materials
Distribution of quality educational resources and materials is ensured through access from the learning platform to the digital library with peer review articles, eBooks, videos, audios and other educational materials.p. Library and Information Resources Network. The LIRN virtual library provides students with millions of peer-reviewed and full-text journal, magazine, and newspaper articles, e-books, podcasts, audio, and video resources to support their academic studies from Gale Cengage, ProQuest, EBSCO, CREDO Reference, eLibrary, and more, covering topics for General Education, Business, and Medical programs.q. Digital Oceano (Spanish) Digital products, accessible via the Internet, that have been created by Oceano Digital, which incorporates a large amount of information on Spanish regarding all area of knowledge.
Examination and Evaluation of Student Work
Evaluation and assessment of learning is systematic and formative. Monitoring of students by advisors on delivering activities and participation in forums is done every day, and control of advisors on interactions with students is done by coordinators every week. Weekly reports are issued. Periodic evaluations are presented for each unit at the end of the course and semester for each student. The facilitators deliver the comments on the achievement of competencies by students.
Timely Response to Students’ Questions and Comments
Communication between the participants in this learning process takes place via tools such as forums, portfolio, internal mail and chat rooms,t. Feedback to students is delivered within 72 hours, and answers to questions and doubts in 24 hours.
Record keeping is done by software package DiamonD ®. This program performs the tracking, analyzing, and reporting of students records. The system manages admissions, accounting, registrar, financial assistance, and job placement, among others.
Ensuring confidentiality, integrity and availability of information and data with mirrors on the cloud computing that allow their permanent and systematic updating. Technical support of the courses is conducted by website, phone and email and the staff follows each incident. Website with FAQs, tutorials and guidance on technical details of the operation of the tools and software.