Admissions 2017-12-22T19:45:25+00:00

At HIU we want you to succeed. An expert Admissions Advisor will walk you through your enrollment process and be available for you throughout your program. You can reach an advisor at any time through email at info@hiuniversity.com or by phone at (305) 448-7454; where we can assist with your enrollment, questions, financial issues and more.

Then we will then guide you through the application process and answer all your questions regarding your program, forms, fees and how to get started. We can also process transfer information on prior learning, which involves credits awarded for previous studies. Your advisor will also connect you to an Academic Representative.

The Academic Representative will provide you with a schedule indicating which classes you need to take and when. Your entire degree program will be mapped out for you, including the projected date of your graduation. Your academic representative will check in with you periodically to make sure you’re comfortably on track. You can reach out to your academic representative anytime with questions regarding issues such as classes, instructors, attendance and grades.

Financial Information

Tuition must be paid on time according to the terms on the Enrollment Agreement. In case of extenuating circumstances, the student should consult his/her Admission Advisor.

Payment Methods

The student who applies for a financial assistance payment plan must speak with the admissions department representative and go over their individual payment options.

Payments of the balance will be distributed through the length of the academic semester for which the charges are due.

The University accepts payments in the form of cash, checks, money orders, bank transfers and debit or credit cards, and Online payment thru PayPal.

Humboldt International University requires:

Doctoral: Master degree, domestic or international, for admissions to the Doctoral degree program. GPA minimum of 3.0 (B).

Masters: Bachelors degree, domestic or international.

Bachelors: High school diploma, domestic or international, the equivalent General Education Diploma (GED) or an associate’s degree.

Associates: High school diploma, domestic or international, or the equivalent General Education Diploma (GED).

Humboldt International University has a mandatory English Proficiency Test for international students.

The English Proficiency Test was developed by HIU’s Faculty Committee and is used as an aid to determine the language proficiency and English comprehension level of incoming students.

Make a Payment through PayPal

Admissions Process

According to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, no person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.

Qualified applicants are accepted regardless of their race, color, sex, religious beliefs, physical handicap or national origin. The University offers special assistance to qualified handicapped applicants whenever possible or practical.

To apply for admissions, the prospective applicant must make an appointment to meet (online or in person) with a University’s representative who will provide all the necessary information related to the University and the program of study under consideration.

Applicants who wish to enroll must:

  • Complete and summit an Application for Admission to the Admissions Office
  • Complete and submit an Enrollment Agreement to the Admissions Office
  • Submit Original transcripts from previous education
  • Take the English Proficiency Test (International Students Only)
  • Applicants are informed of their acceptance within three (3) business days after all required information is received and qualifications evaluated.

All students must take the Mastering E-Learning course as a prerequisite to their required courses for the program.

Tranfer Credits

Credits earned from previous education at an Institution may be transferred to the permanent record of students registered at Humboldt International University.

A student must request that Institution to forward an official transcript to the Registrar’s Office which will be evaluated by the Academic Dean designee.

Approval will be given for the number of credit hours already completed, based on the equivalency with the course associated with the student’s academic program.

To evaluate credit course transferability, the student must first submit a written request and the supporting documents to support the request. This request should be submitted to the registrar at any time during the week prior to or within the first week of class of the academic term, the student is expected to take the academic course under evaluation.

The student will receive a written notice for the credit(s) allowed and the adjusted tuition and program length within five (5) days.

The University neither guarantees nor implies that other Institutions will accept the credits earned at Humboldt International University. Each Institution has its own policies, which rule the acceptance of credits from other Institutions.

No credits will be granted for academic courses that have received a grade lower than a “C” (70%).

In the event that credits are not accepted, the student has the right to appeal in writing to the Director of the School within one week of denial; he/she will review the transcript and make a final determination within five (5) business days.